HypnoBirthing®: The Mongan Method Course and HypnoBirthing Doula Services
If you are looking for Doula Services, please CLICK HERE
Next course: Tues 4th Sept – Tues 2nd Oct
Courses consist of 5 weekly classes which last between 2½ – 3hours.
Classes are small and friendly and run with a maximum of 3 couples (mum and birth companion). The optimum time to begin a course is between 24 and 34 weeks of pregnancy. Even if you are 34+ weeks, you can still benefit from HypnoBirthing, please contact me for details.
Group Course £325
One-to-one course: £400
- The physiology of labour and birth – demystifying what the body actually does removes the fear – tension – pain!
- Massage techniques designed to stimulate the release of endorphins – your body’s own natural pain-killers
- Specially designed breathing techniques for relaxation in labour and birth
- Visualisations to enable you to work in harmony with your body
- Guided imagery and meditations for relaxation and calm
- Fear Release methods to alleviate concerns about labour, birth and parenting
- Skills to build confidence, allowing you to look forward to your birth
- Birth affirmations
- And much more…
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and, thus, pain
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- Shortens the first phase of labour
- Leaves mother alert, fresh, awake and with energy
- Helps keep oxygen supplied to your baby during birthing
- Reduces the likelihood of an episiotomy
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labour
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Teaches breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing
HypnoBirthing Group Course: £325. This is a small group of no more than 3 couples (mum and birth partner), at my premises. I teach the full updated Mongan Method course over 5 weekly sessions. The small group size creates a cosy and informal setting and fosters a shared sense of camaraderie, which often best suits first time parents-to-be.
One-to-one Course: £400. This is a tailor-made course to suit your needs and offered in the comfort of your own home. You can enjoy the full Mongan Method course with additional support based around your own specific needs. This is a great option for mums who experienced a negative birth with a previous child or children and who are looking for a more private or personal setting. It also may suit couples who are unable to find suitable childcare and who can enjoy the course while the kids are in bed!
You can also choose to do an ‘accelerated’ course, with the full content of the course spread over a shorter length of time or a weekend, by special arrangement.
* Payment plans and special rates may be available in certain circumstances; please contact me to discuss this if you have any concerns about cost. I passionately believe that price should not be a barrier to mums-to-be seeking a positive birth experience!
- Updated 4th edition ‘HypnoBirthing: The breakthrough approach to safer, easier, comfortable birthing’
- Rainbow Relaxation audio CD or downloadable MP3
- Weekly handouts, full colour images and course pack
Phone and Email Support
I am on hand to discuss and support every aspect of your HypnoBirthing experience throughout the course. All communication is strictly confidential.
Biggar, South Lanarkshire
Free Taster Session
Still not sure if HypnoBirthing is right for you? Please contact me to book a free, informal taster session! If you’d like to know more about HypnoBirthing®, hypnotherapy or IEMT and how it can work for you, I offer short, informal taster sessions at my premises where you can experience the power of your own mind/body connection. You will see how important it is to ‘dehypnotise’ yourself from any negative associations you may have about labour, birth and hypnosis. Dispelling unhelpful ideas about childbirth promoted by modern medical beliefs, the media and society, allows you as the mother-to-be and your birth partner to realise that the process of labour and birth does not have to be one of fear, tension and pain.
This ‘unlearning’ of what has been perceived as a ‘normalised’ birth process allows you to see how your body, when allowed act in accordance with nature (all being well), is designed to bring a baby into the world smoothly, easily and with the minimum, if not the absence or, any discomforting sensation. The reframing of medical terminology, the demystification of the physiological process and the introduction to the power of the mind/body connection (through short visualisations and exercises) illustrates how HypnoBirthing enables and empowers your and your partner to act in concert with the natural process of labour and birth. Thus, this calm, fearless birthing process is, in reality, the ‘normal’ birth process and is completely achievable, no matter what turn your birthing may take!
Tel: +44 (0)1899 229106
Mobile: +44 (0)7971 925918
* * * * * * * *
Pregnancy Relaxation Sessions
1 hour session: £60
Calm mums = happy babies! This is a private relaxation session designed just for you where you can take time out to relax and bond with your baby. Suitable for pregnant mums at any stage of pregnancy, you can enjoy focussing on your body and your baby. You will learn basic breathing and visualisation techniques to enable your sense of calm and tranquillity in a safe environment with a qualified HypnoBirthing practitioner. It’s perfect for mums-to-be who are looking for a complimentary element to their NCT or other antenatal classes.
Inspired by ancient traditions of celebrating the Sacred Feminine and incorporating guided imagery with effective breathing techniques, my meditation classes are designed to honour this wonderful evolution from woman to mother, whether this is your first baby or you have had children before.
The sessions are based around the principles of enabling a calm, relaxed state through positive visualisation, breathing and guided imagery. We will use techniques [similar to those used in the Mongan Method course] to aid you to relax, de-stress and help focus thoughts and intention to connect with your baby and your body. This creates a comfortable and harmonious experience for you both! This not only allows you to take time out to be peaceful and practice working with your body in advance of labour, but also helps you recognise and achieve the positive and calm state you can learn to achieve for your birthing day.
We will create positive affirmations and imagery you can use while in labour to help you mentally remain calm and relaxed as well as foster to optimal physical state of wellbeing to enjoy a smooth, comfy labour and birth, and I teach practical calm breathing techniques ensure you remain relaxed and your baby remains well-oxygenated during labour. This also enables your body to maximise production of the natural birth hormone, oxytocin and your body’s natural pain-killers, endorphins!
If you are working with a doula, we can talk about how to work with your birth supporter to use the same useful affirmations, phrasing and language used in the calming visualisations to support you during labour. We can also go through things like birth physiology, positions for comfortable labour, hospital birth preferences and offer information to support breastfeeding and post-partum healing.
The £60 price includes handouts with sources of gentle birth stories and useful online HypnoBirthing and post-partum links, as well as some lovely positive birth imagery to use. Loose, comfortable clothing is recommended. Yoga mats and blankets are provided but you might like to bring a cushion or blanket, or anything that will help you feel more comfortable during your private session.